Thursday 17 November 2011

Evaluation of Interaction Project

I have now complete a first version and an improved second version of my interaction project.  After i had completed my first version my tutor gave me feedback from which i was then able to apply to my second version and improve on my design for my actual project.  I am much more satisfied with my second version as i believe to be a vast improvement from my first piece, however there a still factors which i think could be improved on.

This is what my interaction piece looks like...





My interaction piece was aimed for a target audience from children aged 4-10.  I feel that my piece suits this target audience due to the illustrations, one design aspect which i feel applied to my target audience was the use of colour.  I began my first version in entirely black and white sketches but i felt that this would loose my target audiences attention which is why throughout my second version i added in the bits of colour which would hopefully gain more attention and make the interaction piece more interesting for the children.  The text i also used created by a font generator and then put into photoshop also applied to my target audience as its quite unprofessional and child-like looking, the font has a kind of squiggly effect which makes it more appealing to a child like eye.  One thing which i feel i was completely certain on was the fact that no actual photographs have been used and althought i feel my piece suits the target audience which means they will be able to interact with it, i feel that the whole idea of adding in actually images would make it seems more professionally created rather than just drawn.  However, i took my time on creating the illustrations which i do feel paid off.

I think that next time i come to use the software i will be able to create a piece of work at a higher level as i feel that i have learnt a lot since creating my second version and i will be able to improve from the aspects i didnt like whilst creating my interaction project.

No comments:

Post a Comment